Saturday, July 18, 2009

Baby Room

I have thoroughly enjoyed prettying up the new baby room. We took the bright blue box and turned it into a pale pink beauty. Here we have our pink tissue pom poms over the crib. Hope loves these. We will have to make more for her new room as she is displaced by a little sister.

We painted an old dresser this pale blue, and I made a little skirt to beautify the ugly changing table on top. It has light blue stripes running through the pink roses. I framed a couple photos of our neighborhood peonies, and made a garland with the baby's name-to-be to go between. Diapers will go in the basket, but for now it's holding a favorite dress.

Here's a close-up of the garland. It turned out so pretty! I blew up the letters from one of my digiscrapping alphabets, and printed them out on matte photo paper. I cut them out, while Jon exacto-knifed the tiny details, then strung them together with pink satin ribbon.

Here is a before shot of the blue box. I love a man who can vacuum (and paint and do a million handy things - thanks, Jon!)

5 comments:

The Mink Family said...

i LOVE the name Amelia....it totally suits you family!! Can't wait to see her! The room looks stunning!!

marti said...

What a cute room and one lucky girl. I too love the name Amelia!

Aleisha said...

Cute name and room!! I love it. It is getting close. I have my ultrasound in a few weeks! I hope I'll be painting pink too!! :)

Kristie said...

I do like Amelia, it kind of rolls off the tounge...I always think of my kids names (before they're born) and just can't imagine saying it in a 'mean mom' voice. Unfortuntly that hasn't stayed that way after birth - oh well.
My girls have those pom poms in their room, sherbert orange and pink!

Chieko said...

That is SO CUTE!!! I love the name Amelia. Beautiful job!!