Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Yummy Green Beans


My family went out for pizza tonight, but I stayed home with sleeping baby. She had her 2 month check-up with immunization shots, so was getting some much needed rest. I plan on walking over to the Lebanese Flower Restaurant tonight for a couple shwarmas, but in the meantime I needed something delicious and vegetabley. I tried out this recipe from Betty Crocker. It was so yummy! I squeezed a little lime juice over all at the end and gave it a satisfying zest to the whole deal. If you try this, don't leave it out!

Green Beans with Bacon, Onion & Tomato

1 lb green beans, cut into 1" pieces
4 slices bacon, cut up
1 medium onion,chopped
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp fresh or 1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
dash pepper
2 TBSP lemon or lime juice

Simmer beans for 6 minutes, till crisp tender. Drain. Rinse with cold water. Drain.

Cook bacon till crisp. Remove from pan. Reserve 1 Tbsp fat in skillet. Cook onion in bacon fat for 3 min. Stir in tomato, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 min. Stir in beans, heat through. drizzle with lemon juice. Garnish with bacon.

No comments: