
Happy Mother's Day to women everywhere! My favorite gift today was purely coincidental - Hope is 18 months and was able to go to nursery for the first time today! I attended all three of my meetings. I participated in Relief Society. I was even in attendance long enough to say the closing prayer. It was a miraculous day. I think I'll savor this as much as possible for the next 4 months. And then it begins again... Ah, motherhood.

I have been wanting to make family silhouettes ever since I saw
Nienie's wall way back when. We just took profile pics which I printed out and traced on paper, then scanned back into the computer. We filled the silhouettes with black in Photoshop, and now I have these fun images to play with. I felt a little mannish with my short hair, so added in some flowers to make me glam. (
UPDATE: Jon tells me my glam flowers look like a brain. He's so right!)

Here is Nienie's wall.

I also love these pendants found
here. They would make such cute Christmas ornaments, along with a myriad of other things.

I think this wall is kind of sweet, too. Found
here.

One more thing to love about silhouettes - fun fun
stationary. Our family probably wouldn't fit this format - but it is definitely an inspiration!
3 comments:
Super Cute!! In honor of celebrating being able to attend all 3 classes....would you be interested in teaching either my May or June lesson in RS? No biggie....I've just started asking around.
Talk to you soon!!
I have been wanting to do it for a while. That is so cool!! I want to make ones for my dh"s broter's family this Christmas. I might need your brain for that ;) BTW, I love the flowers on yours. That is lovely.
COOL, what more can I say. I LOVE it!
Post a Comment